Strawberry Pea Protein Muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Folona Pea Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (I used Folona pea milk )
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease the cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, Folona Pea Protein Powder, rolled oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the ripe banana. Add in the unsweetened applesauce, plant-based milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well until the wet ingredients are fully combined.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries into the muffin batter. This will give your muffins a burst of fruity flavor.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the muffins have cooled, they're ready to enjoy! These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or you can freeze them for longer storage.
Calories: 180 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 180mg Total Carbohydrates: 28g Dietary Fiber: 2g Sugars: 10g Protein: 6g