Spanish Tomato Soup
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time 20-15 mins
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Folona Bone broth powder
4 cups tomato puree
1 cup vegetable broth
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika Salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings: croutons, fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the Folona Bone broth powder in the vegetable broth.
- Add the dissolved bone broth powder, tomato puree, sugar, and paprika to the pot with the onions and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper according to your preference. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool slightly. You can either serve it as is for a chunky texture or use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with your desired toppings, such as croutons, fresh basil leaves, or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the Spanish tomato soup hot and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 cup (240 ml) Calories: 120
Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 550mg Total Carbohydrate: 12g Dietary Fiber: 3g Sugars: 7g Protein: 2g