Protein-Packed Minestrone Soup
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25-30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- or prepared Folona Bone Broth powder)
- 1 cup small pasta (e.g., macaroni, fusilli)
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Start by warming up some savory olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Then, toss in the diced onion and minced garlic and cook them until they become aromatic and turn a beautiful golden color.
- Add diced carrots, celery, zucchini, and green beans to the pot and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies start to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Gently pour the diced tomatoes and vegetable or chicken broth (or prepped Folona Bone Broth powder) into the pot. Stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Add pasta, kidney beans, herbs, salt, and pepper to the pot. Mix well to combine.
- Let the soup boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until pasta and veggies are cooked and tender.
- Toss in the chopped baby spinach and cook for just a few more minutes until it's perfectly wilted.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, add more salt and pepper if needed.
- .Now it's time to serve the protein-packed minestrone soup into bowls. Don't forget to sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on each serving to get that extra deliciousness, if you like!
- Don't wait any longer, serve it hot and savor every bite!
Calories: 272 Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 764mg Total Carbohydrate: 41g
Dietary Fiber: 8g Sugars: 6g