Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 1hr & 15 mins
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (prepared using Folona Bone broth powder)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: additional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, and bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash the potatoes and pierce them with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until tender. Once cooked, allow them to cool slightly, then peel and cube the potatoes. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes to create a roux.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and chicken broth until the mixture is smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the soup begins to thicken.
- Add the cubed potatoes to the pot and stir to combine. Simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth. Be cautious with the hot liquid.
- Put the soup in the pot if using a regular blender. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and fully incorporated.
- Add the sour cream and chopped green onions to the pot, stirring well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the soup to simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes to heat through and further develop the flavors.
- Serve the loaded baked potato soup hot. Top each serving with crumbled bacon, additional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, and bacon bits, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious loaded baked potato soup made with Folona Bone broth powder!
A serving of loaded baked potato soup recipe (6 servings):
Calories: 420 Total Fat: 25 Saturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 70mg
Sodium: 720mg Total Carbohydrate: 35g Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 10g Protein: 15g