Healthy Vegan Oat Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Cool Time: 10 minutes
1 cup rolled oats (90 g)
1 cup oat flour (120 g)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 ripe bananas, chopped or mashed
½ cup reconstituted folona pea milk
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
⅓ cup walnuts, chopped (40 g)
5 dates, chopped
¼ cup coconut flakes (20 g)
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C) and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix with a spoon.
- Add the mashed banana, reconstituted pea milk, and maple syrup to another bowl. Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix them thoroughly. Fold in any nuts, seeds, dried fruit or add-ins of choice!
- Put your mixture onto the baking dish, spreading it evenly. The bars should be 1-1.5 inches (3-4 cm) thick.
- Sprinkle with toppings of your choice and press them down gently.
- Transfer into the preheated oven and bake for around 18-20 mins until firm and lightly golden. The baking time depends on how thinly you spread your batter and how soft or crunchy you want them to be!
- Once the oat mixture has turned golden, remove it from the oven. Place the baking dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then slice your oat batter into bars.
- Enjoy warm or store in a container and eat over the next few days!
Total Fat: 4-6g
Saturated Fat: 1-2g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 20-25g
Dietary Fiber: 3-4g