Creamy Mushroom and Barley Soup
Prep Time: 15mins Cooking Time: 45mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups Folona Bone Broth Powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, barley, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Folona Bone Broth Powder and milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and heat through.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Serving Size: 1 cup (240 ml) Calories: 290 Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 800mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 5g Protein: 20g Vitamin A: 10% DV Vitamin C: 15% DV Calcium: 10% DV
Iron: 15% DV Potassium: 10% DV
Note: Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.