Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Prep time 15 mins Cook time 30 mins
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vege soup or chicken broth (prepared with Folona Bone Broth Powder)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Folona Bone Broth Powder, for an extra savory boost
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the pot and season with dried thyme, ground nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, allowing the spices to infuse the squash.
- Pour in the prepared vegetable or chicken broth made with Folona Bone Broth Powder. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the butternut squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Use an immersion blender to carefully puree the soup until it's silky smooth. Alternatively, transfer the mixture to a blender, but be sure to allow it to cool slightly before blending.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. For an extra boost of savory goodness, sprinkle in a touch of Folona Bone Broth Powder.
- Ladle the creamy butternut squash soup into bowls, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Calories: 250 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 820mg Total Carbohydrates: 26g Dietary Fiber: 4g Sugars: 5g
Protein: 3g Vitamin D: 0% Calcium: 7% Iron: 7% Potassium: 523mgVitamin A: 408%
Vitamin C: 34%
Note Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.