Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons Folona Bone Broth powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sliced carrots to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Pour in the vegetable broth or water, and add the Folona Bone Broth powder. Stir well to combine.
- Add the butter beans and dried thyme to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a regular blender, work in batches and be cautious with the hot liquid.
- Return the soup to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Simmer the soup for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve the Carrot and Butter Bean Soup hot with crusty bread or crackers on the side.
Serving size: 1 cup (240 ml) Calories: 180
Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 520mg Total Carbohydrate: 27g Dietary Fiber: 7g Sugars: 6g Protein: 6g