Apple Cinnamon Protein Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Folona Pea Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple (about 1 small apple)
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional for added sweetness)
- 1/4 walnuts for toppings
- Cooking spray or parchment paper for baking
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, Folona Pea Protein Powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, honey or maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chopped apples and raisins (if using).
- Using a spoon or your hands, scoop out portions of the cookie dough and shape them into 12 equally-sized cookies. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these guilt-free Apple Cinnamon Protein Cookies as a tasty and nutritious snack or a post-workout treat to keep you energized throughout the day!
(per cookie): Calories: 120
Protein: 5g Carbohydrates: 18g Dietary Fiber: 2g Sugars: 8g
Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 0.5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 70mg Potassium: 115mg
Vitamin C: 2% Calcium: 3% Iron: 6%
Note: Nutrition facts are approximate and may vary based on ingredient brands and quantities used.